Friday, December 07, 2007

3 more weekends

That's all I have left. Three weekends to go to
  • Christmas parties
  • shop for gifts
  • create my table centerpieces
  • buy and distribute alcohol (by the way, if any friends are reading this, if you have extra space for a bottle of your favourite liquor to bring over to the Philippines, let us know)
  • create the slide show
  • practice slow dancing like we did in high school, because we didn't get a chance to take dance classes and any kind of slow dancing we've done so far would just not be appropriate in a wedding.
  • budget ourselves for the trip
  • pick up miscellaneous items, like make up, shoe pads etc.
well, now that I laid it all out, it doesn't seem so bad. Just a lot of work. So for the remainder of this month I'm going to be a hermit to get things wrapped up.

CB and I are both getting excited about this trip. I think both of us are more excited about being over seas with a big group of friends than we are about the wedding. The wedding is kind of getting in the way of our diving plans. I have to miss two days of diving for the rehearsal and the ceremony itself.

I can't wait to eat during the reception too. Everyone says food at Shangri-la is very good. I've been advised that the couple doesn't eat much during the reception because of all the things going on. Apparently, they don't know me well. I'm debating if I should order an extra cake just for myself, but they already have a buffet table in addition to the wedding cake.

Thirty days remaining.
A years worth of planning and arguing all for one day.

No comments: