Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Foldgers in the sink

I've been drinking coffee since 1st year university. It started as something I'd sip on just to stay awake. It was a trimester habit during every final. I then started having issues staying awake in class too. Thirteen weeks of classes, thirteen weeks of coffee.

Then one day I got appendicitis and I found my way to the ER. The nurse tried drawing my blood for some blood tests. She made too many attempts and withdrew too few mililiters. She asked if I drank anything that day 'cuz I was so dehydrated. I thought carefully and realized I didn't drink any water or other sort of beverages that day except for coffee. In fact, since the start of the semester I didn't drink anything but coffee. I would fill a big mug in the morning and drink it to the last drop. Then I'd fill it up again at the school coffee shop with more coffee which lasts till I get home. After dinner I'd brew more coffee to sip on while I study. Holly crap! I had lived on Coffee for 10 weeks!

Anyhow, since my coffee days it has always been Starbucks, International Delights Instant Coffee or whatever was brewing at the coffee shop: Beans Bros, Second Cup etc... Then I started working at Starbucks and woa.. MORE COFFEE!!

Anyhow, yesterday I decided to give Foldgers a shot. I brewed it and drank it black to fully experience the comparison to Starbucks. Let me tell ya that sh** has nothing to offer. It's something you offer to someone as a bad joke. That stuff is plain bitter, no flavour, nasty nasty. I thought maybe it's partly psychological, but my boss, who's also a coffee drinker, poured himself a cup thinking it's Starbucks, and he had the same reaction.

Those Foldgers commercials are sure convincing. With that crap brewing in my house I'd freaking wake up too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good greif, child! hey - try Arizona's Green Tea w/Ginseng. I was running on coffee too and realized that it really not agreeing with my tummy so i switched. it seems to work pretty well. i must admit that i crave the coffee taste sometimes, but the green tea is a great alternative. besides, i read in a magazine that water increases your energy if you drink it throughout the day. go figure!