Tuesday, May 17, 2005

cravings

At about 9am this morning I started to have this intense craving for a hamburger or two and fries, maybe. Who craves for burgers at 9 am?? I searched high and low for something to curb the cravings. If I had the chance I would have stepped out to grab a burger at McDonalds or burger king. I wasn't craving for just any burger, I wanted the King of all burgers, the McDeath! But it's no where near noon and I wasn't exactly hungry so I ended up popping in two Almond Roca's which was nothing remotely close to the fat cravings I had. I reached for some cookies, sipped my coffee hoping to change my taste. Finally 12pm hits and I got myself to the gym to run off the potential triple bypass I was about to endure.

2:30pm
that was yummy.. 2 double cheese burgers and a medium fries, courtesy of Burger King. mmmm..
3:00pm
ok, now i'm feeling sick. No amount of running can undo what I just did.
Speaking of running, I hit 8 miles last Sat. Yah, it's been well over 4 months since I hit 7 miles. I'm slightly lagging on my training.

4 comments:

Ben said...

I usually only get cravings like that when I'm doing something specific, like, up to no good. What were you up to last night, that gives you such cravings??

And your timeline from craving to fulfillment to sorrow and regret is about right.

My current craving is for Cantonese style Chinese food -- the place I want to go to is always closed before I can get there after work.

Anonymous said...

OMG! two???!! that's just crazy!
awww... I miss your stories miss E!
It's not the same reading a blog!
:(

Fumbling said...

don't worry, craving burgers in the morning is common for me too. That and steak and pizza.

andy b said...

In Pulp Fiction they are eating a Big Kahuna Burger at like 7:00 am.
Where did they get a Big Kahuna Burger at 7:00 am?