Sunday, May 29, 2005

Home sweet Home

I couldn't wait to climb the mountains and lay on the beach the minute I stepped out of the airport. It's been some years since I've seen Vancouver basking in sun and ever so green. I sat outside on the departure level, as usual, waiting for my ride. I never mind waiting for my pick up. It gives me a chance to create a check list of everything I want to do. First things first, get my hair done.

That night I went for Japanese food with my sister. I saved no hesitation to dog down everything my stomach would allow me to. It was absolutly delicious. Then we went down town for Gelati. I like gelato, but I was disappointed to find the whole city turn into a dichotomoous menu of Starbucks and gelato. I like learning of new places that has opened since I've been gone, but I'd hardly consider "oh look another Starbucks" something new.

Friday morning I drove up to Cypress with my weekday companion, Shaughn. He keeps me company when everyone is at work. We went on a rather disappointing hike. there's a lot of still water up there so there were more mosquitos than I would like. We walked around for about 40 minutes and Shaughn jumped into a few pools of water and that's when I called it quits. I took him down to Kits beach instead where we ran from Vanier Park to Point Grey. He collapsed on to his stomach on the way back. Apparently too hot and tired for the day. I felt so bad for my four legged friend who had less endurance than I did. It took about 20 minutes to get him from the beach across the grass field to my car. He would dodge the sun from tree to tree and take a rest break at every shadow.

Saturday was a perfect day for the wedding I attended. Though a little too hot since the AC doesn't work in my car. I retired earlier than my friends as usual. I simply lack the stamina to stay awake. Squirl asked if I cried at weddings, well, I don't unless the bride and groom do. Well, they did, and at the reception too. So I cried. And just a random thought, wouldn't it be aweful to have your wedding when you're PMSing?

Sunday my friends and I hiked up Dog mountain on Seymour. It was cloudy on the way up but we soon got above the clouds and it was clear blue sky at the top. That was a nice day trip. Sunday night, another big meal at Joe Fortes... yum.

yogi posers  Posted by Hello

Monday was when everything went down hill at about 2pm when JC and I met up with MJ. Then time seemed to have stood still and flew by all at the same time. The rest of the day was a blur but I do recall what a great view JC's new pad has of down town. Residing on 8th and Heather with a roof top patio, he's got the ultimate bachelor pad. Each room looked like a show room out of Pottery Barn.

Tuesday 8am. Apparently my brain was still shot. I completely miscalculated my check in time and missed my flight. Might as well, since I forgot to pick up my dry clean and shoe repair and at the airport I realized I left one bag behind too. That bag had my US wallet and some other important stuff. I walked around the airport feeling like the biggest Air Head then cabbed it back home just to deja vu 2 hours later at the airport.

It was raining the day I left. I guess you can call it the perfect day to leave, so I won't feel so nostalgic.

3 comments:

Fumbling said...

...and it's been raining ever since.

:(

and, man, that sure was a lot of crying at the wedding eh?

Ben said...

"wouldn't it be aweful to have your wedding when you're PMSing?"

Uh, YEAH ... awful for your wedding party who has to deal with all the wedding stuff AND a PMSing bride.

What's with all the crying? Tears of joy, one hopes?

head dump said...

They were tears of.. appreciation for eachother and people in their lives, I believe.