Saturday, November 15, 2008

The best gift to your children

I take care of strangers and preach about good health. But the people I care about, my family and friends never hear it. So, time to time I'll share them. And by the way, I'll always take care of my friends at no charge. What's the point of having these healing hands if the one's I care about never benefit from them?

Since I'm starting to feel maternal, here's the first bit.

The best gift you can give your children is to take care of your physical health and financial health.

Perhaps you share the same concerns with me when it comes to our parents. I'm always worried about their health and retirement. So, think about how your kids may worry about you.

Our generation is having children later in life, which means our children will bear the burden of caring for us at an earlier age and for a much longer period, as human lifespan is now longer.

Just as our children are beginning to start their own families, building their careers, they may already feel the pressure of your age. I just wouldn't want to place that kind of burden and stress on my children.

Just a little something to think about before you compromise your health or retirement fund for that designer silver pacifier that your baby 'needs'.

No comments: