Thursday, November 06, 2008

My Car

With the change in economy my urge to spill my thoughts on my car has now reached a blogging level.
I love my Honda Accord. It gets me from home to work perfectly fine. That car has been with me through SFU, Palmer, LA, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Vancouver and back down several times. She's met boyfriends C to N and all the flings in between. She's met girlfriends J to C and feels lucky that no one has puked on her yet. She knows all my gossips and I know her well enough to parallel park her into the tiniest cracks in SF. And though she doesn't look the best, I make sure she runs like a puppy. After 12 years she still gives me approx 33mpg on my daily drives to and from work.

Point is. I never had plans on changing cars. Some say it's time for a new car and I ask why? Give me $300+ worth of reasons every month why I shouldn't continue to enjoy a stress free drive everday. Rocks and scratches may hurt my car but they sure don't hurt my wallet.

I'm going to drive that car till she dies.. which may be another 15+ years, I still see 86 Honda's out there.

2 comments:

Ben said...

If you have a car that works well and has sentimental value, I don't see the point of changing.

Of course, if you suddenly have a crazy windfall, that's a different story.

Vanessa Au said...

ditto for my 97 Acura. Pretty cars are for people who need status symbols to feel secure.