Thursday, March 09, 2006

best calling card

I found the best calling card!

I've been using calling cards to call Taiwan and Canada for the past 5 years and I can't believe it took me so long to search online for better cards. Calling card is the best way for me since wireless companies don't have calling plans to Asia and I can use the card anywhere. Plus calling cards are cheap, 2-3 cents/ min to Taiwan!

1stphonecard.com allows me to recharge my card, which really isn't anything new, but it also recognizes the phone that I'm using so as long as I call from the same phone, I don't have to enter my 9 digit long pin number. THEN it stores up to 3 destination numbers on their system. If I store the local access # to my speed dial, I only have to hit 2 numbers to reach my parents!! Or sisters.

I'm really happy. I haven't called my parents much lately because my last pin # was so hard to remember I was already grumpy by the time I say hello. I think they will be happy to receive my routine pointless calls again.

"how are you doing mom? are you taking care of yourselves? yes, I'm talking while i'm driving.. yes, I know it's dangerous... yes, I behave when I go out....yes, I take care of myself...no, I don't stay out late...no, I don't stay at my boyfriends'..... long distance is expensive.. I'll call you guys next week"

my dad still thinks it costs $2/min to call Asia

1 comment:

Ben said...

Haha, that's funny stuff. My parents know that long distance calling is cheaper now, especially since Skype and Vonage.

But even amidst the digital age, they still feel that a louder voice will transmit better across the ocean. Constant reminding seems necessary, so as to preserve our eardrums.