Monday, September 13, 2004

Bikram

Going home was the highlight of my year. Got to see my friends, eat lots, check out JW's new pad and new car and SS's new car and PG's new car and bike. sigh, and I just got back from the car shop who claimed my rotors are warped. He's the warped one, freak, he's the one who worked on them in January. F-er.
I can't get over how much better food is up there and cheaper!! I got to check out what LuLu Lemon is all about, then left with 3 pairs of shorts and a Dry-fit T. Got to check out what Bikram Yoga is about then had a close encounter with the Yoga Nazi. Bikram Yoga is basically Yoga performed in a room heated to about 40C? The room is carpeted, there's only two small windows which the guy opens on the rare occasion. Anyhow, the Yogi nearly bit this chicks head off when she was unable to perform a back bend his way because of back pain. "if you can't do it then lay down"he snaps, the girl responds "I was taught to do it this way instead." Yoga Nazi "well this is my class" 10 minutes laters " which Yoga College did you attend? what kind of yoga?" the guy was interrogating her in front of the whole class. That was just rude, in addition, to his non-stop talking for 90 minutes which made me feel as if I was at an auction or a race track

"Now BREATH BREATH BREATH and STRETCH STRETCH STRECH, feel your arm REACH REACH REACH, NOW step LEFT foot to the LEFT to the LEFT to the LEFT and TURN TURN TURN"

HD's thoughts 'would you just SHUT THE FUCK UP??'

Maybe if he tried to perform some of the moves he's describing he wouldn't have to talk so much. Unfortunately I was too dehydrated to speak and sweat was dripping all over me. Plus he was drenched in his own sweat and the last thing I wanted was for him to come over and drag me out. Actually, I was with my friends and I didn't want to embarrass them. Besides the Yoga Nazi, the exercise was rather refreshing and my skin was glowing after my shower!! Would I do it again? yes, but I may have to shoot the Nazi first and voluntarily deodorize their carpet for them. When my left foot stepped off the yoga mat onto the carpeted floor, I saw sweat drip off the arch of my foot into the carpet. I wondered how many other pairs of sweaty feet am I stepping over. ew...

3 comments:

Fumbling said...

OMG. As a germaphobe, I think a carpeted bikram studio would've sent me into convulsions. That's just fucking gross. Seeing sweaty people actually makes me a bit nauseas so I admire your ability to make it through that class.

ceaz said...

I've tried Bikram once and it felt awesome after it was over with. The gross part was not having my own mat and having to borrow one. Eeeeew....

Ben said...

I echo Van's thoughts. If you're going to create a sweat fest with contorted humans, why line the place with carpet that will absorb all those bodily fluids?? I mean, the carpet's going to soak it all up, nurture it like agar to feed the growing mold and bacteria that's just underneath the surface. Uh ... yum.

Hell, after the class is over, you may as well all get into a group hug. [shudder]