Friday, September 03, 2004

MoVeD

I moved again , for the 10th zillion time. This might just be a hidden disease that I've not yet discovered. Perhaps I'm so accustomed to moving throughout my life that i'm incapable of staying in one place for too long. The longest I've ever stayed in a resident was 7 years, shortest was 3 months. This is starting to sound like a relationship. I think the number of times I moved might actually equate to the number of guys I dated. I wonder if there is a similarity with the length of time with each house/relationship too?

Anyhow, I managed to pack my whole life's worth into the back of a caravan and moved it all in one trip. THERE it was, all my belonging in a car. It seems so insignificant. But once I started to unpack I realized how much stuff I had. Unfortunately most of it were books, I have to get a book shelf the size of my closet just to unpack those books. The room is also very small, I would have to strategically arrange my furniture (or lack of) to fit everything in. Once I squeeze in a queen size bed my room will be one big trampoline, how fun. I can bounce out of bed and into the bathroom every morning.

Anyhow, the move was rather unsettling. I've moved too many times since coming down here. The next time I move, I'm moving to the carribeans (there's a story to that to follow later).




4 comments:

ceaz said...

Wow.. You've dated 10 zillion guys?

Ben said...

I was just going to say, ceaz! And I quote ...

"I moved again , for the 10th zillion time. I think the number of times I moved might actually equate to the number of guys I dated."

I think that's irrefutable evidence, don't you?

You're lucky that you can move all your stuff in one go. I was able to do that when I moved into this apartment, but now I have just gathered too much garbage. It's time to "cleanse" my belongings again -- CraigsList is awesome for this, as I just unloaded about $1000+ of my old tech toys and stuff.

I believe my next major move will be leaving these worldly belongings behind and starting anew. I want to get rid of a lot of my stuff slowly, because it will ease that pain of moving (which at the moment is both physical and mental). Well, not all of it: I'm still taking my pb17 with me.

Fumbling said...

Yeah I saw your room. Why in the world did you move from that huge suite with private bath to that teeny room with shared bath?

head dump said...

I've made my decision for various reasons. The room and bathroom situation does suck, but the major thing is I like the location. oh, and now I found that parking is a pain too. crap.