Thursday, January 06, 2005

6 days later

May 2004 till the end of the year 2004 seemed to have flown by. Nearly everyday was spent trying to accomplish the same task. Trying to get through the day. Normally when the new year rolls around, I spend a good month correcting written dates " mm/dd/2004". But this year, it didn't seem to bother me at all. It didn't take much thought to scribble 2005. In fact, 6 days later, I haven't made a mistake at all. In retrospect, I haven't accomplished much in the past year. I've done alot. Alot of moving that is. But I've achieved so little. Looking around, I think alot of people were happy to step into a new year, hoping for a better future. In terms of relationships, it seems as though 2004 was filled with break ups and divorces. The closest people around me all seemed to have been struggling in emotional turmoil. And coincidentally, those issues seemingly resolve on their own around this time. It's as though we all decided to start the New Year with a clean slate. Throw away your baggage. Hm, this is sounding a little blue.
On the brighter note, I start my guitar lessons next Tuesday night. Finally learn what to do with that thing. It's been collecting dust in the corner of my room and painfully out of tune. I"m tired of playing the same CGDA chords. I tried palying silent night for the holidays, but never mastered it. Hopefully by the summer time I can play somthing decent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't going to say anything, but my inner-English teacher won't let me keep quit. ALOT is 2 words!! "a" and "lot" - not "alot".
OK - enough about that -
ya, i usually spend like MONTHS getting used to the year change, but not 05. kinda weird when i think about it.