Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The longest History

Doctor: Good afternoon Mrs. Sanchez, I noticed on your intake form you mentioned your neck is bothering you.

Mrs. Sanchez: oh, my neck has been bothering me for sometime, it's not really bad but it's always there.

Dotor: ok, so when did you start to notice it?

Mrs. Sanchez: It's not very painful but it's just there, you know? It's like somethings always poking me there but it doesn't hurt too much, but I'm concerned, you know, I don't know what to do about it. (Mrs. Sanchez rubs her neck) it feels tight. (Mrs. Sanchez turns her head side to side) Do you think it's old age?

Doctor: Do you recall having a specific accident?

Mrs. Sanchez: I don't think so (looks around thinking). It hurts from up here to here and when I sleep, I sometimes wake up because it's bothering me.

Doctor: (interrupts) ok, so when did you first noticed this?

Mrs. Sanchez: oh, it's been some time this tightness in my neck...

Doctor: (interrupts) was it a month ago, one year ago, two years ago?

Mrs. Sanchez: It's just very tight and sometimes it goes down to my back (points to her lower back), I think it's a pinched nerve or something. Or maybe it's just muscle, do you think it's just muscle?

Doctor: Mrs. Sanchez, I need to know how old this injury is. When did you first notice this? Last week? A few months ago? A year ago? two years ago?

Mrs. Sanchez: It's always been there (rubbing her neck)it's just tight...

Doctor: Was it a year ago?

***(repeat x3, 3 min later)*****

Mrs. Sanchez: oh maybe 3 years, then 2 years ago it got worse and now it really bothers me.

Doctor: Thank you. (scribble)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh peety! HEE HEE HEE
thanks for the laugh, though.