Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Eels and Mantas and Sharks oh my






CB surprised me with a birthday trip to Maui this past weekend. He rented a condo which made the whole trip feel like home away from home. The condo is on the first floor, with a patio that faces the ocean. I'd walk out to the beach every morning with my cup of coffee and imagine this is the way I always wake up. The beach is always quiet and I'm usually the only one there. It's like my own private beach.



We only had 4 days there but we sure did alot and ate alot. We walked around Lahaina and had burgers and fries at some restaurant that Norvin likes. It's been a while since I had junk food, being on a wedding diet and all. That dinner marked the start of a series of fatty meals. We finished dinner with a nice walk and macadamia coffee pie ice cream. After that the plan was to go home, chill at our patio and enjoy the sound of the waves. We both ended up falling asleep on the lounge chairs.

The next morning we got up early for our boat dive at Molokini. I was excited and nervous. It's my first dive since being certified. No instructor, just my buddy, CB. Our first dive was 60 Ft, I started to get really nervous when we had to descend. I haven't yet made a successful descent without crashing into the ocean floor. I do not want to crash 60Ft to the coral beneath!

Somehow I managed and the dive was amazing. We saw Eels, one Manta Ray and several sharks. Those were three creatures I've been wanting to see! It made the whole vacation perfect.
Thanks CB

No comments: