Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I don't understand....

so, Paypal defaults to your last name if you try to add another credit card. I understand that for security reasons. I just had some other questions on what I should do since I made another booboo with cousin Meow Mee's payment. I call Paypal and the person with the accent, it's always someone with an accent, asks for my phone number and name. ###-###-#### Head dump. oh, I mean, cousin Violet. "and who am I speaking with?"
"this is Head dump" I already said I was HD, so I figured I'll just stick to it.
"for security reasons I can only speak with cousin Violet"
rolling eyes
"fine, this is cousin Violet"
"you're cousin Violet?"
"Yes"
"I thought you just said..."
"well, how woud you know anyways? you can't see me. I just have a few question.."
"Mam, why would you have an account open in someone else's name?"
"It wasn't my intention. Could you tell me how can I cancel a payment that I made through a wrong funding account?"
"Is this account yours? blah blah blah...."
"Can I speak with your supervisor? just transfer me"
pause....
supervisor
"How can I help you?"
"I just want to know how I can cancel a payment I made...."
"and is this your account?"
"yes it is my account"
"due to Paypal security we expect that when you sign up.......(lecture lecture)"
oh, she wanted to hear my story? I gave it to her starting from the moment I called cousin Meow Mee for her billing address and CC number at 11:30pm and how it ended up with me getting tired by 11:50pm and never used PayPal before and made some mistakes... oh yah, bitch wanted to know why... I gave her my PMS version of why. I am PMS ing =)

she quickly answered my question.

how does one justify the security to speaking to the account owner? how do you know who you're speaking to? stupid people. It's not like I was asking personal account questions. I could care less if they have time to waste, but don't waste mine.

No comments: