Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm not stressed

I hear wedding planning is stressful. But CB and I aren't stressed. It's time consuming and we get into a shit load of fights that made me want to leave him over and over again. But by the end of the day it's back to our usual routine and all is well.
This whole process really helped us get to know each other. We learn how each manage projects, what our own idea of what team work is. We learn what efficiency means to each other and our flaws in organizational skills. We learned how to fight meaner, louder, harder and how to quickly push each other's buttons. That's not a good thing, but we learned it.

With a little over two months left I'm starting to feel excited about the whole trip. It's not the wedding that excites me, but the idea that my family.. all 6 of us will be together again. It's been over 7 years since we've had a family photo with all 6 of us. The philippines is going to be a really fun trip, with so many of my friends and family there this wedding is more exciting than stressful.

We have a wonderful coordinator, her name is Edith Laurino. She seriously saved our whole planning. So, when I say I'm not stressed, that's because Edith is taking on the bulk of things. For a period she was more concerned about the wedding than us. We had to step it up because I think she was getting annoyed by the lack of response from us.

We nearing the last stage of our planning now. Nearly everyone has booked their flights and hotels for Cebu and Boracay. Any stragglers that want to join us later can join with ease. The Air and Hotel was probably the most difficult to organize but with that completed everything else is a piece of cake. Cake.... I'm going to eat a whole layer of my wedding cake.

No comments: