Friday, March 04, 2005

happy birthday Joe

This blog is for the healthiest, most energetic 83 year old I know. He turned 83 yesterday and at 5’6 and 155lb, he’s in better shape than a lot of the guys I know in their 20s. He’s amazingly lean for his age (again, leaner than most 20 year olds I know) and remains cognizant of everything I explain to him. (mmm.. also smarter than most boys I know)
His hobbies include walking and gardening. He wakes up early every morning to help the ladies around his neighborhood with their gardens. He says with a slight Japanese accent "the ladies are too old and have trouble maintaining their lawns so (he) likes to help them out." He comes in early in the morning from Half Moon Bay with dirt still in his finger nails. He’s always well dressed and always smiling. Aside from the use of hearing aids and arcus senilis in his eyes I can only hope to be as healthy, active and alert as him when I reach 83. If you’re wondering why he came in if he’s healthy? Well, some shingles fell on his head about 20 years ago and he’s had an achy left shoulder since then. He’s been to several doctors, physical therapists, acupuncturists, chiropractors and hasn’t found much relief. So, here’s a little shameless plug on my part. I said to Joe on his second visit, “I haven’t had one shoulder problem I haven’t been able to take care of.” Then I thought to myself.. dear god, please don’t him be my first. After two visits he tells me he can finally sleep better at night and I’m his favorite doctor!! YAY! I love you too Joe!

4 comments:

celia said...

Awee, that's sooo sweet. Again, you sold him a line and from there, it's all in the head.

Anonymous said...

Thats because your a great chiropractor.

Anonymous said...

Thats because your a great chiropractor.

head dump said...

hee hee, thanks =)