Monday, March 28, 2005

March Madness

March is coming to an end and looking back on all my weekends, this was the best month ever. All the weekend trips and snowboarding!! That is a big deal because ever since I moved from Vancouver I've been missing all the weekend skiing/boarding I used to do. So a quick count, Kirkwood, Alpine, Brighton-Utah, Snowbird-Utah, Las Vegas partying , Napa getting wasted (after one winery, how sad). I also went to a Persian wedding which was very eventful. I got to see all my chiro friends who I've lost touch with since graduation. We all sat a the same table and talked about... what else? chiro doh. We got to the reception at 6:30pm as indicated on the invitation, but the event did not start till 9pm!! shoot, talk about being late!

With all that weekend-fun my running came to a screaching halt. My plan of increasing 1 mile per week seemed to have reversed from 7 mi to an average of 6 miles. In addition, I nearly killed my left Achilles last weekend by trying to squeeze in 6 miles on a treadmill in less than an hour. It didn’t happen, my ankle was hurting and my right ITB was aching. I ended up limping my way home. Smart move Head Dump. I think it's time to join a running group.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have to agree. March was fun. I hope April will be just as good. Hopefully the sun will be out on the weekends more. :)

Ben said...

What's an ITB? Maybe mine's hurting too and I don't know it because I don't know what it is.

head dump said...

ITB would be your Iliotibial band. It runs along your lateral thigh from hip to knee. hope you're not hurting there.