Wednesday, March 02, 2005

itsy bitsy spider

I drove out of my gym's parking garage this afternoon, making a left to the stop light as I've done several times before. I waited at the stop light wondering whether this time I'll be able to make it past the second set of lights and drive directly onto the freeway. Then I see the small brown spider on my windshield crawling up towards the roof of the car. I lean forward to observe it "damn, it's on the inside" The light turns green, oh shit, I stepped on the peddle while looking for something to kill it with and keeping a close eye on that sucker, and oh, the road, the road, must look at the road. I had to act fast before it craws to the top and starts hanging down in front of me, teasing me, or worse yet, on top of my head weaving a web into my hair. I stopped at the following red light, I don't care to hit the green on this trip. I must act fast before the light changes. I found a piece of paper and smacked it against the windshield, always using more force than needed. Then I ran my other hand up and down the paper to make sure it's flat, so that sucker is not just dead, but it's REALLY dead.. as in, it's not going to craw onto your hand dead. I've done this enough times to know that you must smack harder than need to, double it up with an extra hit or that thing, whatever that thing is, will come alive!

Ok, mission accomplished, paper placed on the side to be thrown away, green light in front of me, I"m ready to go back to work. Then a flash of memory occured, DK in the drivers seat, covering his head with his hooded sweatshirt at the mere mention of 'spider'. How is he going to take care of a situation like this? Pull over?

1 comment:

Christine said...

that's what I'm for.. *flex*