Monday, July 02, 2007

craigslist Cont.

It's shit like this I'm talking about.. ..I JUST recieved this email. (READ previous post first)

Hello,
i am not in a good state of mind to tell you this but i think you will have plight for me and understand me. I got a bad news yesterday while i was about giving your info to my finance house, i was informed that, my dad had a serious accident and he is in COMA now. The shock of this news affected me badly that, while i was giving your info to my finance house, instead of $300 to be written on your check, $3,000 was written on it and it has been sent to your address already.
I hope i can trust you with my money and i hope you re trustworthy too and i will appreciate it if you can send back the remaining fund to me via western union money transfer and i promise that, i will also compensate you. Please do get back to me and let me know if you will be able to handle this. Thanks and i will be waiting to hear from you soonest .

1 comment:

Ben said...

Yeah, this kind of thing exactly. I had a few scammers contact me via craigslist and they all had the same kind of plan: send money by Western Union to them (and claiming that without my direct authorization they could not gain access to the funds, as if Western Union is an escrow, which it totally isn't). This was both when I was selling my expensive stuff (full PCs) and cheap stuff (tiny PDAs, older audio equipment). It's crazy, but it must work, because they're still at it.