Monday, July 09, 2007

I got the check!

So in continuation of messing around with Ms. "I want to buy your gown" I agreed to the buyer that I would refund the excess money that she sent to me in Cashiers check. I didn't think she would send me anything but..today, I received her Cahsiers check written in $5000 delivered by FEDEX. $500 is the maximum limit before a check is witheld by a bank for clearance. Now, I have this fradulent check in hand. A FEDEX account to send the money back to her and a name and address to deliver the check to. I'm so tempted to send over a 200 pound box of crap, may be some garbage, anything just to piss them off. Unfortunately, they have my work address and phone number and I'm not up for putting my life at risk. You never know what these people are capable of.

I just told them the bank is witholding the check and I'll get back to them.

1 comment:

Ben said...

You know what would be really really funny? If you screwed her when she was trying to scam you, but in reality she was sincere in wanting to buy your dress. And then suddenly, YOU'RE the scammer.