Monday, July 30, 2007

Make me Beautiful

This weekend I went on a make-up binge.
Friday night I met up with a friend of mine, M, who works at Sephora. It never fails that she brings out some goodies whenever we meet. This time she brought two extra bags for my other friend and cousin Tiffany (it was Tiffany's birthday). That's rather sweet M, considering she's never met Tif before. After some drinks I made it home at 1:30am. Tired as hell, but I still wanted to check out my new colors. The following night I spent over two hours with D playing with our new make-up. It was fun, it felt just like highschool again. The next day we visited an event by Taylor Pham, she's a new make-up artist with her own line of colours for Asian skin. I was excited to meet someone who could do Chinese eyes. So far the only make-up artists that have been able to do Chinese eyes, or specifically my eyes are bridal make-up artists. Everyone else you find at the cosmetic counter don't realize that the fold in my eyes makes the color disappear! They always tell me to open my eyes after puting on mascara, I'd warn them that the lashes will hit my lid and smudge. So certain of their own confidence they'd politely command me to open my eyes. Fine, bitch. I open, look up and SMUDGE. that's right.. clean it off girl.. and do it ALL over again. I've long given up asking for make-up advice from those girls.

I walked out of Taylor's event with another bag of goodies. Eye shadows, lipstick, fake lashes....
Excited about these new colours I even woke up early to apply some day make-up :)

I don't put on a lot, but just knowing I spent some time taking care of my appearance in the morning makes me feel good about myself.

No comments: