Friday, February 04, 2005

Lip Balms

I have lip balms everywhere. I've got one in my office drawerer "kiss my face" in Apple flavour. One in my purse, "soft lips" Strawberry flavour, my favourite lip balm. One at home by "Burts Bees". I'd keep one in my car too, but then it'll melt and that's not a good idea. So with three lip balms in rotation, I just realized it's going to take me a hell of a long time to finish just one tube! In fact, I don't think I've ever finished a tube of lip balm before. It always gets lost before I'm done with it. Either that or I get bored with it but mostly lost.

Oh, but there was this one time Boss' 18 month old son got a hold of my lip balm. I used it one day wondering why it was all jacked up, smooshed and moist. Then Baby Boss rolls in shortly and climbs onto my chair as he always does.. awe.. how adorable, he played with my keyboard then reached for my lip balm on top of the number keys and started applying it, sucking on it, dipping his fingers into it! WTF? Boss see's it then decides "oh I forgot to tell you, Baby Boss was playing with your lip balm, he likes it.. it's so cute" Cute? Baby Boss jacked up my favourite lip balm, how cute is that? Ok.. did he not think of taking it away from his son? And after seeing how jacked up it was, did he not think about replacing it? It's just a lip balm, but still, don't let your kid damange other people property and brush it off as OK because he's a kid.

I never applied so much lip balm when I was up in Vancouver, I wonder if there's a side effect of using it so much. Like, my lips will tend to chap more often if I don't use it. But they also serve to protect my lips from UV radiation. It's just one of those things I keep around.



1 comment:

Ben said...

So essentially, you pretty much rubbed your lips all over your boss' 18-mo son's puckered set. Lovely.

I have lipbalm stashed all over the place too. My pockets feel naked without a little tube of it around, even at home and at the gym. Keeps my lips kissable. (You never know when an opportunity comes along.)