Tuesday, February 15, 2005

V-day weekend bleh..

This year I decided to give myself something for Valentines. Which is great, single people deserve TLC too. On Sunday I walked into Macy's at Hillsdale and was surprised to see the place packed with men leaning over glass counters searching for the perfect gift. Some stood anxiously around the jewelry carousel holding up earings, uncertain on how to judge its' beauty. Boys sampled perfumes and quietly discussed which is best for their girl. I thought it was a very sweet sight. I walked into Express and got myself a pair of pants and shirt. That was good enough for me. I was searching for a jacket too, but I couldn't find one.

So for Valentines evening I went to watch "how we first met" with a friend. We missed the first half since traffic was such a pain trying to reach Fort Mason. The 2nd couple that they interviewed was so boring that there was hardly anything comedic about their relationship. All the girl could say was that she wasn't interested in him at first, and she emphasized it so frequently that it made everyone feel uneasy, does she even like this guy? Though part of the show was funny, I wouldn't recommend it, it's too inconsistent depending on the couple they interview. The first couple was good but we walked out of there feeling rather unsatisfied, especially when we rushed there after work.

We went for dinner at Ana Mandara after. The place was packed with couples.. well, what did I expect? The place is nice, it was a set menu though, so the food was ok. The steak was disappointingly over done. How can a restaurant like that charge what they charge and mess up your steak? I do like their drinks, but I wouldn't care to go there again either.

By the time the night was over, I was just happy to crash into bed. I would've had a better time watching a video by myself and eating instant noodles. I don't know why I felt the need to do something Valentines night. I guess I just like the idea of celebrating special days.

2 comments:

Ben said...

I spent my V Day on the phone for a little while, surfing for various things, reading news articles.

Had dinner with my parents, and then over the course of the evening, watched as friends dropped off the "online" IM list one by one to spend their evenings with loved ones.

Then I contemplated life in general, discovered the meaning of life, but promptly forgot it when I fell asleep.

Anonymous said...

did you have steak that night?