Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The talk

I spent a total of 1 hour in The Boss' office. Luckily I wore a black collared shirt today 'cuz I never felt so sweaty by just sitting in there trying to maintain my cool. "you want to take this weekend off and another 2 weeks from that?" I searched my room for answers.. yes? "there's no way" Why not? I get vacation time don't I? "oh you want to use those days.." 30 minutes later "... you do want your practice to grow don't you?.. it can't grow unless you put a lot of work into it.. " I want MY practice to grow, not yours bitch. Of course I do, but I also believe in enjoying life to remind myself why I work so hard. "I just want you to understand that if you want to grow you're going to have to put in more than 40 hour weeks and in my first year of practice I never took weekends off" i'm not you.

When did it become so fuckn hard to just ask for a few days off? How am I ever going to go on a long vacation? I'm So friggin pissed.

5 comments:

Sam said...

Damn!! I never had this problem. Whenever I want to take a vacation I tell my manager after I book my tickets. And I never give him a chance to say anything.

Hope you got your time off.

Ben said...

Find yourself another job. One where they respect you as a person, not treat you as a resource.

Then you walk into this boss' office, and tell him you want some days off. Starting [your quit date] indefinitely. Then pull out your resignation letter, place it on his desk, and watch him read it. Then leave.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure, but some of the Kaisers now offer chiropractic care. Maybe redwood city might offer that. At least you wouldn't be working weekends.

head dump said...

Kaiser's chiropractic service is essentially referring patients to a chiropractic office that has signed up with kaiser's health insurance department. thanks for the thought though.

Ben said...

You might want to stroll into one of those Kaiser locations and ask them where they refer their patients (CLIENTS) to. Then that will give you a decent list of chiropractic offices to start hunting with.