Monday, February 21, 2005

Lunges

Guys seem to enjoy that feeling of soreness in their muscles the day after a work out. The pain of lactic acid build up and minute ripping of soft tissues causing the muscles to ache and swell. I, on the other hand, prefer to keep the weights to a minimum while increasing my reps so I don't have to endure the soreness the following day. I also don't like to grunt and puff and feel my face swell with redness while pushing my last rep. J.Y likes to say that if you're not hurting, you're not working out hard enough. Whatever. If anyone's seen my arms while I work out they'd tell me to ease up, it's so unfeminine. eww..

So on Friday I decided to vary my work out and do lunges instead of leg curls and extensions. Lunges usually work my legs more, but never to the extent of cramps like I experienced that day. My legs wobbled as I stepped forward and I quickly stopped to stretch before I started whimpering in agony. My hamstrings and gluts started to spasm. I couldn't even continue to finish my set. I would never have guessed that I'd be this sore the days after. It's getting better, as usual, but I can barely walk up stairs without using the railing. Last night I couldn't even curl into a fetal position to sleep because it stretched my butt muscles and it HURT!

The saddest part is getting on the toilet. There's no arm rests so I'm anchoring onto the shower door and counter top just to lower myself. It's so pathetic.

Sunday, was a day to sober up and do some cleaning. Since my legs were sore, it gave me an excuse to skip my work out. I laid in bed most of the day reading Angels & Demons. Luckily Tine and DK reminded me where they had parked my car Sat night, otherwise I'd walk out this morning freaking out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling of being sore and it does suck. Heck being in pain just sucks. But at least the next time you do lunges u won't feel the pain as much.