Friday, April 15, 2005

Death and Taxes

Kill me now.

I proudly walked into my room at 2:30pm yesterday all mentally prepared to do my taxes. Good HD, you remembered!!
Then I searched through my desk, lifted papers, dust flying everywhere and I CAN'T FIND MY W2 form! grrr....

Daily work (by Astrology.com)Don't let those deadlines or milestones worry you too much. Work will progress at its own pace, and you'll just have to adjust when the time comes.

I found my W2 form mixed with my junk mail pile, hm... how did it get there? OK I started using TurboTax online to file my Federal, but when done, I owed money! So I re-did it to itemize and the thing starts lagging and freezing! I tried and tried and did laundry and ate cookies 'cuz I was so frustrated and FINALLY I QUIT!

ok, let's go with HR Block instead. I still owe tax, fine, on with the state taxes. I turned on my bedroom lights, it was starting to get dark by now. State Taxes DONE! and I owe $$ again. Just Fabulous.

Daily extended (by Astrology.com)Most of the time, your main focus is other people. You concentrate on what they like, what makes them happy and how to please them -- because doing that makes you happy, too. For the next couple of weeks, however, you'll be far more interested in financial matters, and you have every right to turn your attention in that direction, too. You need to take care of a certain matter that's had you absolutely stumped. Ask for help if you need it

anybody wanna gimme money?

7:30pm taxes e-filed, ...Must hit the gym NOW.

3 comments:

ceaz said...

Just remember, paying taxes at the end of the year means that you didn't deduct enough during the year. Getting a refund means you overpaid the IRS during the year.

Ben said...

So you had the same filing system as RK, huh -- one pile for regular mail, and another pile for junk mail and important documents?

This is the first year that I've filed my taxes early -- over a month ahead this time, instead of rushing it last minute. Feels nice. (Of course, I HAD to file early, since I'm not in the country anymore ...)

head dump said...

I definitely didn't deduct enough. I made sure I changed it for this coming year.