Friday, April 15, 2005

Last Day

She did it, she threw her resignation letter at BOSS’ face and screamed “I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE” Then continued to work her last two weeks. Today is Mag’s last day. I’ve never seen Mag so happy before. For the last two weeks she’s been walking in with this radiant aura around her. Copy machine doesn’t work? she doesn’t care. Computer crashes she laughs. She was exceedingly happy today that she even filed.. EVERYTHING. Oh, don’t forget the X-rays. I’m so sad she’s leaving. Not only will I miss our daily chit chats about anything and everything, she has done worse than just quitting, she will be working for the ENEMY! One day I might have to walk up to her office and shout “just pay up will ya?” of course, I’d take IL with me for back-up. Aye.. work will never be the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee... so melodramatic - and I think I got a papercut from all that filing today!
HEY - I don't work for the enemy! Just their attorneys. GET IT RIGHT! :) I don't want to be misrepresented. You'll have to keep me up on all the office gossip. Hopefully I'll have internet access and I'll read up on you blog

Ben said...

It's an extremely liberating feeling to be quitting a place. My last few days were quite relaxing (though the ones before it were rushed so that I could pass on the knowledge to my now-overworked colleague).

It's really something to have the burden of a hated job suddenly lifted. You should try it.