Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Let there be light

I went to IKEA Sunday night and picked up roman blinds to block out the morning light. I was so excited with my new purchase that I rushed home during my Tuesday lunch just to install it. The blinds worked fabulously. And it was cheap!! I slept so well that I was late for work. Then an hour after I got into work, PG&E turned off the power to our office as promised a week ago. We were left in the dark till 12pm, just when I was ready to leave for lunch. An hour after I returned, some “professional” electrician blew a fuse and left us in the dark again from 3pm till I left the office. I basically spent the whole day in the dark, walking around the office with candles. It was definitely not my usual day. Everyone sat around and played with their thumbs.

Now I’m off to bed and loving the idea of sleeping till the alarm goes off instead of being woken up by the morning light.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DANG! I leave and everything falls apart!!! :) hee hee :) just kidding! That must've been cool, though.