Thursday, July 15, 2004

1/2 day Thursdays

Thursdays are my favourite. I sit here doing paper work and I get to surf the net. Usually the Boss isn't here so I also chat with Mag all morning. On the rare occasion we feel the need to focus and work hard for 5 minutes to ease the guilt of talking and surfing all morning. I also wonder how my friends get any work done. For instance, my friend who's is an accountant is online all day long. I can't install IM, so I'll email her instead and she's quick to respond. If I'm online Thursday afternoons I can chat with her for at least 30 minutes on 3-4 separate occasions, and I KNOW I'm not the only one she's talking to. For the longest time I felt bad about her putting in so many hours of over time, I now take back my sympathy(gosh, I hope she misses this entry, I'll get an ear full). In fact, I take it ALL back from you people who work on the computer and B**** about the over time you have to do. Oh, back to movies, I watched Secret Window with Johnny Depp in it. It was good, but became predictable 3/4 ways through, and I REALLY don't like predictable mystery movies, but I do like Johnny Depp as an actor.

5 comments:

Fumbling said...

u dont have to install anything to IM, both yahoo and msn have web based versions if you go to their website.

Anonymous said...

You deserve an earful from your friend. I'm online and probably spend 30 mins to an hour a day chatting or surfing the net which is definitely unproductive, however, I work through lunch a lot of times so that's really my break time.

If I worked 12 hours STRAIGHT a day without any breaks, I'd go MAD! Oooh my prada underwear feels real good.

head dump said...

so was this comment part of your 30 min chat or is this an additional 5 minutes so you're actually spending 35 min out of the 60 minutes socializing?

head dump said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Good question. I think it was just 5 mins out of my 60 minutes during the day. Why does it matter?