Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Not another bad movie

I don't think I can handle another bad movie. This is subjective of course, but ever since I got that blockbuster pass I've been averaging 2 movies a week. It was about 2 weeks ago that I watched 4 movies in a week, 4 bad movies to be exact. I rented Lost in Translation because it won lots of awards and I heard it was funny. Has anyone seen that movie? What's so funny about it? I had to fast forward through half of it 'cuz it was killing me. I watched Up Town Girls the day before, during the movie I started multitasking by reading magazines, chatting online (the computer is 15 ft away) and letting the movie run till the end so I can say I watched it. Ok, what was next? OH Club Dread! who on earth picked up that movie? It was not me. Then I watched Pieces of April which was about as bad as Lost in Translation. I do pick up odd movies once in a while just to see what they're about, but I got carried away with this Blockbuster pass. I desperately need to watch Troy this weekend. I heard it wasn't that good either, but there is no such thing when Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom is in it! I LOVE YOU BRAD! I LOVE YOU ORLANDO!

7 comments:

Oliver said...

You should check out dvdflix.ca if you rent that many movies. Oh wait, its Canada only. Never mind. But seriously, don't complain about bad movies if you're renting crap like Club Dread and Uptown Girls. I thought Troy was great. Celia is in love with Eric Bana now.

Fumbling said...

Hollywood produces a lot of garbage, that's why. Go dig up the foreign films and indie features if they have any.

head dump said...

oh, yes, foreign movies, I forgot about those. I actually enjoy movies from China, set in the olden days, like Farwell my Concubine, Raise the Red Lantern, The Emperor and Assassin. I like Gong Li, I think that’s kind of obvious.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that someone besides me was let down by Lost in Translation. Comedy? uh... what the heck was funny about that??? sheesh! But, I did actually like UpTown Girls and Peices of April was okay. It was kinda cute, I guess. I can't wait for Kill Bill 2 to come out on DVD - I missed it in the theatres.

Ben said...

Lost in Translation sucked ass. I mean, it's 2 hours of a guy and a girl who don't know what to do in a city like Tokyo, and despite them looking for things to amuse themselves, they seem to not really want to get to know the culture better.

I saw about 2 minutes of Club Dread (it was on Bell ExpressVu at home) on several occasions, and somehow always the same 2 minutes: the guy is running his speedboat around a floating dock, wrapping some dude around and around with waterskiing rope until he's torn in half. After a while, I learned to avoid that whole section of channels. Bell ExpressVu: 300 million channels of nothing to watch.

It's no wonder I stick to the stupid comedies, romantic comedies, action/adventure, and other mindnumbing genre to keep my peanut brain entertained.

head dump said...

Club Dread IS a stupid comedy. Ben, you might want to consider watching the whole thing.

Ben said...

I meant comedies that aren't THAT stupid.