Monday, July 12, 2004

Uni shots

Who on earth concocted this drink? A piece of brown slimy UNI that looks like a tongue pulled off a cadaver with the combined texture of slime and peach, then drop a teaspoon full of bright round Ikura and lastly crack a quail egg then drown the whole thing in cold sake. Delicious? Yes, For everyone else in the room except me. I tried really hard hiding the need to vomit after chewing down my second shot. The uni was the last to go down! My mouth was fighting the reflex to spit the damn thing out as I stared at the delicious smiles on my friends faces. I think one of them might have caught my face turning green, maybe purple. The third shot was UNI free, the fourth shot was quail egg free, the 5th shot only had Ikura, I LOVE IKURA, but not in my sake. The verdict: Next time I’m bringing rice for my little bright round eggs and washing it down separately with sake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eeekkk! This entry had me fighting the urge to puke! sheesh... i've never even heard of uni shots, but rest assured that i will not get within 50 ft of one now! sheesh!

Thoughts said...

The Uni Shots were awesome! The problem is...if you don't like Uni you will not like the Shots. With Uni, you've got to get over the texture and looks of it. It took me years before I'd even try the thing and now I actually really like it. I say you try to like uni before doing it again! Or if not...more for us! ;)